This gate is typical of the military architecture of the late Middle Ages. It was built between 1460 and 1483 after the Hundred Years’ War. The main building, adjoined by two main towers, has a main door which allowed carts to go through, and a postern. The whole building is crowned by a wall-walk of machicolation. Of the three city gates, it is the only one that still remains today.
Address : Place St Julien 72400 LA FERTE-BERNARD
Phone : 02 43 71 21 21